Saturday, October 10, 2009

A wish

"I'm shakin' the dust of this crummy little town off my feet and I'm gonna see the world. Italy, Greece, the Parthenon, the Colosseum. Then, I'm comin' back here to go to college and see what they know. And then I'm gonna build things. I'm gonna build airfields, I'm gonna build skyscrapers a hundred stories high, I'm gonna build bridges a mile long... "- George Bailey

In Its a Wonderful Life, George Bailey get the chance to see what the world would be like if he never existed. Well I don't exactly wish that, but I do wish I would know how my life will turn out. Seriously the suspense is killing me, and for some reason I feel like my life hasn't started yet.

There are so many things I want to do, so many things I want to be. Not to say I don't like my job, because I do. But I want to do more. Baking is fun, but I always feel like I'm "waiting for the other shoe to drop", like one day I'll get fired and then I'll have nothing except a mortgage and a car payment.

I think I'm one of those people who could be pretty happy doing just about any profession. But shouldn't there be that "one" profession that's meant for you to do. I wish I had a thousand lifetimes to do all the jobs I want to do. I want to be a doctor, an actress, an ice-skater, a writer, a photographer, a florist, an artist, an orthodontist, and a lady of leisure. Along with a million other things. I want to be important. I figure if I were an actress I could at least play all these parts, but how does someone fall in to these careers. They say anything worth having is hard to get. Well do I work harder, or is everything chance and destiny? Am I doing what I am meant to do?

Oh how I wish I knew how this life is going to turn out.

post signature

No comments: