Monday, October 12, 2009

sweating to the oldies

The other day I found a bag of old CD's circa my high school days. The excitement overcame me and I couldn't wait to sit in traffic so I could hear some of my old mixes. Does anybody else fix the rear-view mirror on them while they are driving so they can watch themselves sing? Well that's exactly what I do and here is the play list I was jammin' to. No judgment please.. I was after all in high school.

*friends in low places - garth brooks
*walk like a man - four seasons
*theres your trouble - dixie chicks
*just the way you are - billy joel
*it's my life - bon jovi
*total eclipse of the heart - bonnie tyler
*thank you - alanis morrissette
*every heartbeat - amy grant
*I say a little prayer for you - cast of my best friends wedding (I dare you to try not to sing upon hearing this song)
*my way - usher
*goodness gracious great balls of fire - Jerry Lee Lewis (all i can think of is the movie lady bugs with Johnathon Brandis when I hear this song)
*Runaround Sue - Dion (que Sleeping with the Enemy - Best scene ever!!)
*"Hey! Baby" - Bruce Channel (makes me want to dance on a log with Johnny Castle)
*Any Man on Mine - Shania Twain
(You gotta shimmy shake
Make the earth quake
Kick, turn, stomp, stomp, then you jump
Heel to toe, Do Si Do
'Til your boots wanna break
"Til your feet and your back ache
Keep it movin' 'til you just can't take anymore)
*Tainted Love - Soft Cell (anyone else put their hands up to the sunroof while listening to this..via the scene from Coneheads:)
*Dancing in the Moonlight - Van Morrison
(Jamie: You’re acting like a crazy person, what's going on?
Landon: Right now, you're straddling the state line.
Jamie: OK.
Landon: You're in two places at once.
.(que dancing in the moonlight)

*No Scrubs - TLC
*For the Longest Time - Billy Joel (my favorite Joel song)
*Everybody (Backstreets Back) - Backstreet Boys (no mix is complete with out a boy band)

So this was my ride to and from work today. Complete with a lot of singing and stares from strangers.


post signature

2 comments:

THE PARKER FAMILY said...

HAHA! I love it! I would totally jam out to that mixed CD with you :)

SHANNA said...

that is awesome- you might have to make copies of a mixed to go around!!! i love finding stuff like that! brings back so many memories.

about the picture.... my camera takes that picture and puts it in a series- i used to do it by accident and then realized it is a pretty cool feature. missy has the same camera, not sure hers has that feature though

we still need to go to the movies!!!