Tuesday, August 25, 2009

You've got junk mail

"I've been standing here waiting Mr. postman
So-o-o patiently
For just a card or just a letter" - the Beatles

Remember the days when you would see the mailman coming down the street, you wait anxiously by your mailbox for today's mail, and then quickly run inside to sift through it? Yea, me neither. The truth is, it has been so long since I have gotten anything exciting that I find myself shopping online just to look forward to getting something besides a bill. Today I got home from a long day at work, I walked to my mail box and the contents were.... a bed bath & beyond coupon ( I get about 3 a week), a credit card application, coupons for places that are no where near where I live, and BILLS. Sad. What happened to cards, and pretty stationary, stickers on the outsides of envelopes, and packages of goodies. Today I was really wishing that I had kept my US Weekly subscription.

I love stationary and everything that goes along with it. I have the most adorable return address labels, and sometimes when I mail my car payment in I seal the envelope with sealing wax. I like to think that the person who gets my car payment every month looks forward to opening it. Maybe he or she smiles. Who knows?

Click here to get delightful stationary.

I would like to encourage everyone to send more mail. Or at least send it to me. :) Or just leave a comment, let me know you are reading.


post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone reading this sends you a note on their best and cutest stationary - love the blog

maja

allankieffer said...

I read :)