Monday, August 31, 2009

A Sin for a Chef

In an effort to be thinner and healthier I decided to try something I have never tried before... Lean Cuisine. Surely it is a sin for a chef to eat a microwavable dinner...right?? Today I went to Publix to select a few that looked appealing. I purchased a baked chicken entree with mashed potatoes and cornbread, and a beef and broccoli dish with rice. Much to my surprise they weren't as horrible as I expected (although it could have been because I was starving). I ate two meals for under $7.00; lunch and dinner. I feel like I had enough to eat and am surprised at how reasonably priced they were.

So tomorrow I shall try the Southern Beef Tips. Have any of you all tried and liked any of these dishes. What are some good ones? But more importantly .. is it a sin for a chef to eat a microwavable meal? I think I know the answer to that one.

post signature

2 comments:

Johnny D. said...

Hell, yeah, Lean Cuisine. I eat one almost every night at work. Tastes good and fills me up. Beef and Broccoli is my new-found fave, but I also like Chicken Pecan and Sesame Chicken. Salmon with Basil isn't bad either.

Sorry, I can't make any judgments on the chef thing. I'm a bachelor and I'm supposed to eat frozen dinners. But I only do it at work. I actually cook when I am at home (or I go out to eat).

cheery disposition said...

Johnny D. Im so excited to get a comment from you:) (tear) you should become a follower:) (you can do it on the side toolbar)

next time i go to the store ill pick up the chicken pecan.. thanks for the suggestion:) xoxo