Sunday, August 30, 2009

A toast to Champagne

"There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne."
-Bette Davis

Whats the one thing that can make you smile even when you have had a horrible day? For me its pink champagne. Their is something about it that makes me feel pretty, luxurious, and expensive. I know it sounds strange but just drinking one glass makes me feel like I'm in another time period. Their is something so Great Gatsby about champagne. You have heard me talk of it before, perhaps my love of champagne started when I saw the movie An Affair to Remember and Terry McKay ordered a pink champagne cocktail. In that instance I knew I would love it.

My favorite Sparkling Wine is Sofia Blanc de blancs made by Francis Ford Coppola Winery. Not only is it delicious but it comes wrapped in pretty pink gift wrap.
"Delicately fruity and delightfully refreshing, Sofia Blanc de Blancs is a rare blend of Pinot Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, and Muscat. The crisp flavors of apples and pears are made brighter by a hint of citrus and honeysuckle. Elegant in character, this wine is lightly textured and vibrant through the finish."




It even comes in these dazzling little pink cans, complete with matching straws. Perfect for pool side champagne-ing.



Tres Jolie? Oui!

In my family before a meal (at least when I'm present) we all have a toast. Just a simple toast to the evening. I think its good luck so have someone raise their glass with a nice anecdote, while the others clink their glasses in a unison "cheers".

Each of our toasts are lines from movies.

Mine is "to making it count" - from the dinner scene in Titanic. (followed by sporadic "here here"'s. Scott's is " to my big brother George the richest man in town" from Its a Wonderful Life. Mom usually goes with " here's to swimming with bo-legged women" from Jaws ..i laugh. Even my little brother Brandon has one from School of Rock and its just so darn stinking cute. He is always so proud looking when he says "now raise your goblet of rock". So adorable.

What are your dinner toasts or some great ones you have heard?

post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.
- Will Smith from Hitch

cheery disposition said...

thats a GREAT one!!!!!!!!!