Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Battle of the Sexes on Top Chef

Ahh.. another Wednesday and another episode of Top Chef. I must say that I am extremely thankful that I didn't make it on Top Chef. After seeing some of the challenges I am positive I would have been booted off last week, and that just would have been sad. This week I decided to write this blog as I watch the episode. My hopes are to be right there along with the judges. Do we share the same opinions???

In the quickfire challenge the contestants rolled the dice and whatever number they rolled was the amount of ingredients they were allowed to use ( minus salt, pepper and oil). Without tasting I can't be sure of what was great, however I will say Michael V.'s Nitro Gazpacho looked simply delicious. Maybe some of that is because Todd English was the one tasting it. Sexy Alert!!! In other news, I am loving this season if just for the fact that all these guys have sexy arm tattoos.

So Michael V. beats out his brother for the $15,000 quickfire win.

Now we are on the Man vs. Woman Elimination Challenge. I will go as far to say that I think some of these women look like they should be on the men's team. I mean lets be honest ladies...make-up IS allowed in a kitchen.

So the challenge is to pair 3 shots with 3 dishes. Men on one team, Women on the other. Looking at just the table set ups for the two teams, I feel like the men have a leg up. The women keep thinking they are looking good, but honestly I don't think their food is on the same level.

Highlights from the ladies - watermelon carpaccio looked Ok (i thought it was a little too simple, and in my opinion that thai lettuce cup looked pretty good even if hot Todd English thought it was nonsensical.

And the Boys - Michael V. makes an apple sorbet (risky) with a goat cheese cookie (YUM) and Kevin made an almond soup with king crab. Both dishes are something I could eat the crap out of. Bryan makes a guacamole with corn nuts.. yes please! Mike Isabelle lends his sexy body to make an arctic char which falls flat ...but thats ok.. hes still hot.

If I have to choose whose food I'd like to eat I would choose the boys food.. and more specifically Kevin's almond soup or Bryan's guacamole.

The brothers volt are in the top 4 and (drum roll)...Bryan takes the win. I smile.

Bottom girls .. Eve, Pretti, lip pierced girl, and Ashley. I think Pretti or Eve is goin' home. Am I right??? Its Eve. Thank you judges...this girl was so ditsy I'm happy to see her go.

On a side note I would like to thank my DVR for allowing me to watch, pause and fast forward Top Chef in order to present you this blog. Until next week.

post signature

No comments: