Monday, August 24, 2009

Amanda the Soundtrack

By now you probably all already know my love of music. Every memory of mine has a soundtrack. I hear a song and instantly I am reminded of different events no matter how big or small from my life. Hearing the song "Elvira" by the Oak Ridge Boys instantly brings me back to my Dad painting our dining room when I was little. I remember listening to the Beach Boys going on vacations to Florida. Whitesnake was playing my first day of culinary school. My mother singing me "you are my sunshine" still makes me cry when I think about it. My brother Sean getting so angry at me and my mom when we would sing "so tell me have you ever really, really really ever loved a woman", (he HATES that song). Me making my little brother learn the song "My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison just because I thought it was so cute to hear a 5 year old sing it. Regulators by Warren G makes me remember driving to school with my brother Scott, he seriously played this song almost every morning. I remember fighting with my family over the lyrics to "Drink Swear Steal and Lie" during my country music phase. And "Thank God I'm a country boy" by John Denver only brings Pauly Shore to mind.

So here is my soundtrack ...

Opening credits:
theme from mary-tyler moore ( i love the lyrics..
Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile? )

Waking up:
oh what a beautiful morning (from Oklahoma ... Honestly sometimes I sing this to people when I walk into work..i'm sure they think i am AWESOME )
Average day:
semi-charmed kinda life
First date:
bewitched, bothered and bewildered
Falling in love:
This years love (by David Gray great song)
Love scene:
Unchained Melody (I'm thinking of a particular scene in Ghost)
Fight scene:
Beat It
Breaking up:
this diamond ring
Getting back together:
stand by me
Secret love:
i only want to be with you (by Dusty Springfield) and Cool Rider from Grease 2 LOL
Life's okay:
our house
Mental breakdown:
gimme little sign
Driving:
Fernando (gotta love Abba)
Learning a lesson:
dannys song or one fine day
Deep thought:
my sweet lord (told you I love this song)
Flashback:
teach your children ( I always think of my Dad when i hear CSNY)
Partying:
good vibrations ( I remember my neighbor in Virgina always played this)
Happy dance:
grease lightning / dancing in the moonlight
Regretting:
love will lead us back
Long night alone:
lonely people (by America)
Death scene:
cathedrals (by Jump Little Children) this song also reminds me of my time spent in Paris...weird I know)
Closing credits:
wild world ( ohh baby baby its a wild world)

So.. since this is the closing credits (of this blog post).. I will leave you with some Cat Stevens.



What are your song memories...do you have your own soundtrack?

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my sunshine and I'm crying too!

cheery disposition said...

:) love you