Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Won't you be my Cupcake?

At work today we made cupcakes. Yum Yum Yum. Its funny how you start out making 80+ cupcakes and when your finally finished decorating all of them you are left with about 60. I started out making the cupcakes like always and then people see and people want. I'm pretty sure 1/2 the servers at my restaurant and some of the chefs in the kitchen all had one, or two. Cupcakes are great I especially love the over sized, jumbo cupcakes we make at work. They remind me of something the Mad Hatter would serve to Alice in a very merry unbirthday tea party. To me their is something so beautiful about seeing them all lined up in perfect rows.
We made coconut cream cheese cupcakes. We made raspberry white chocolate cupcakes, Mocha Buttercream topped with chocolate covered coffee beans. We made Vanilla Buttercream Cakes topped with candied cherries. We made orange dreamsicle buttercream. We even made a delicious chocolate hazelnut cupcake. To be honest my favorite will always be coconut. I think they just look so classic and fluffy. YUMMMMMM! What is your favorite cupcake flavor?







So in the words of Julia Child..."bon appetit!"

post signature

2 comments:

THE PARKER FAMILY said...

OMG! I think I'm in love with everything you made!!!

cheery disposition said...

well i know some occasions coming up that might merit some. xoxo