Saturday, November 21, 2009

A New Moon & A Christmas Tree

I love days like today..

Today I woke up relaxed and excited. Up at 8:30 I was ready to start my day. I started out doing a little Christmas shopping before meeting Brittany and Lauren for Lunch at Tin Lizzy's followed by ... NEW MOON! I had been anxiously awaiting this movie to come out all year and today I finally saw it.

~Tin Lizzy's..Ohh how I love thee soft tacos~

~The moment we've been waiting for~

~I love the New Moon Cups~

As you can probably tell by now I am a huge 'TwiHard' (thats the name for twilight fans). How was New Moon you may ask? It was great. For me it was 10x better than the first movie and it followed the book much more closely. Edwards skin glittered as I imagined it would and although I think Edward Cullen is absolutely fabulous, Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black was equally delicious. So which team would I choose?? Since I can't choose between the two.. I'll just take Bella's dad Charlie. I love me some Billy Burke. This movie left me feeling satisfied, and I look forward to seeing Eclipse in May.

After the movie Brittany came back to my house to partake in our tradition of decorating my Christmas tree. I told her today that when we are 60 years old and I have my own family I'm still going to call her to come over and help me trim my tree. I remember when I was little putting up the Christmas tree in my house meant that the holiday was finally close. We would all hide in the other room while my parents put the lights on the tree (something always seemed to go wrong during this part)... but then we would all line up in front of my Dad as he handed us each ornaments to adorn the tree with. My Dad would put his favorite icicles on the tree followed by candy canes and tinsel. As soon as all the ornaments where on we would all stand back and enjoy the beautifully decorated tree.
~Me and My Christmas Tree~

~hanging the ornaments~

~Traditional ode to Twilight photo~


~Brittany puts the star on the top~

On my Christmas tree I went with a gold and red motif... all except for one special ornament. You've heard the legend of the Christmas Pickle.
LEGEND OF THE CHRISTMAS PICKLE
A pickle is used as decoration on the Christmas tree seems odd at first, but it is an old German tradition. When decorating the Christmas tree, it is traditional to hang the pickle last, hidden among the branches. The first child on Christmas Day to find the Christmas pickle receives a special blessing for the year and an extra gift! Great tradition to share with your family this year and for years to come!
Well as much as I love pickles I decided to go with something I love even more. So you may ask,"what do I hide deep among the branches of my tree?" Well folks... Sidney Crosby.. and what's in store for the person who finds him ..well if I had my way it would be a lifetime of waking up to find him sleeping in the bed with me. But alas..we will just say that the person who finds him gets a year of luck and happiness.

~My Very Own Sidney Crosby~

And now.. fa la la la la.. and VOILA! My Tree is up and I say " Let the festivus begin"!

post signature

3 comments:

SHANNA said...

you are so darn cute!!! i love your tree and your "HIDDEN TREASURE"! i can't wait to see NEW MOON! we are going on tuesday. SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Unknown said...

I have to say that is a great looking Christmas tree!

xoxo
Brit

Anonymous said...

Sidney - if you're out there - call my daughter please!