Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What Changed?

I must have been a pretty naive girl growing up. I honestly always thought that with enough hard work, dedication and a little divine intervention that anything I wanted was possible. Something must have changed along the way because I am always second guessing everything, worrying all the time and instead of planning on doing something, I automatically insist I can't.

So today I got a call from someone I work with saying that Top Chef is now casting for a new show .. Top Pastry Chef. I tried out last season for regular Top Chef but did not have a video.. which turned out was a good thing because after seeing this season of Top Chef I am sure I would have been booted off quick. Now as these auditions approach all I can think of is, "why bother you wouldn't win", "your good but your not that good". The old me wouldn't have given it a second thought, I would have done it with my "expect the worst, hope for the best" attitude. But what should I do? I wish I was as fearless as I once was. Won't someone please tell me what changed?

post signature

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Give it a go, it never hurts to try, much better than never knowing what could have been...
Fellow SITSta,
T.

SHANNA said...

for me it is the opposite~ i now think and know i can do anything. you just have to have confidence and know who you are! it has taken having 5 kids and putting up with LIFE experiences to find my strengths... you just need to find that again and be who you KNOW you are! you are AWESOME!!

THE PARKER FAMILY said...

Experience and pessimistic influences. That's okay, though. Brush those thoughts aside and GO FOR THE GOLD!

Anonymous said...

fear comes with age, when your're younger you are indestructable, as you grow up you see too much reality and change your viewpoint.

You better try out - regardless of the outcome you'll be happy that you tried.

maja

Unknown said...

It is better to try now so you do not look back on your life and say "I wish...". I know you can do it Amanda!

Britt