Sunday, November 1, 2009

H.A.L.L.O.W.E.E.N.

A year ago yesterday I started my 'cheery disposition'. After reading several other blogs I became inspired to start my own too. I gotta tell you it has become something I am pretty proud of. Its funny to look back at my first post and remember what was going on at that time. This blog turned out to be somewhat of a diary of the past year. My goal one day is to have hundreds of followers who await reading my blog daily. So on my blog-aversary here's how I celebrated Halloween.

On Halloween morning I had to work. So my morning consisted of cupcakes, cookies and prepping the restaurant for dinner service.




From there I went home to get ready for "the Von White's" Halloween Spectacular. I have not dressed up for Halloween in a very long time. I think the last time I put on a costume I was in 10th grade and I went as Raggedy Ann. I remember when I was little being so excited to go out and trick or treat. I would sit in my mom's bathroom and she would put mascara, red lipstick, and pink blush on my face. It was always such a treat to be able to wear the grown-up make-up if only for one evening. My dad would take us around to all the houses always carrying an umbrella, since it always seemed to rain on Halloween. After walking to all the houses we would come home, dump our candy on the kitchen table for my Dad to pick through , I think he was secretly looking for a Nestle Chunky bar. That was what Halloween was for me growing up.

So this year Brittany came over to get ready with me. For my costume I decided on Snow White. Basically if it comes with a headband I am sold. I love headbands and for me that made the outfit. I even went out in search for the perfect red apple to complete my look. At the party we ate, drank and then..we.. did the Mash...we did the Monster Mash..and it was a smash!


'Someday my Prince will come'




What did you dress up as for Halloween?


post signature

2 comments:

SHANNA said...

YOU LOOK AWESOME!! some day your prince will come, i know it!!! i love all of your sweets....

i was a 'MODEST' groupie and my husband was a rock star. nico was slash, so it was fitting i guess!

said...

I didn't dress up but you totally rocked the Snow White! Well done!

Stopping by from the SITS Halloween Parade :o)