Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Working Girl!

"It's so beautifully arranged on the plate - you know someone's fingers have been all over it."
-Julia Child

Another busy day at work. Today we had a V.I.P. luncheon at work for all the people in the wedding circuit. The ballrooms were set with beautiful linens, I decorated 100 fabulous wedding cake cookies and me and my assistant made a lovely little sacher torte for dessert. Layers of milk chocolate mousse, raspberry gelee and almond chocolate genoise, topped off with perfect dark chocolate ganache. The dessert got rave reviews. That is what I love best about my job.. instant gratification. Its nice to see when someone likes something that you have dedicated your whole day to make. That's why I do this. That's why I cook. Cooking is very personal, if someone dislikes your food its like being punched in the stomach, but if they like it.. it's an incredible feeling.




post signature

No comments: