Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A girls rights to shoes

"The fact is, sometimes it's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun. " -sex and the city

If I had a million dollars I would own every pair of fabulous shoes I could find. I love shoes, granted flip flops, sandals and boots are what I normally wear,but I would love to own all those amazing shoes the world has to offer. I love my feet, I wear a 6 1/2, and I love that I can go into shoe stores and try on the display shoes with out having to get a sales woman to get me the shoes from the back. Unlike other clothes, shoes always fit and always look good.

This evening I went to the mall to buy a wedding shower gift for my friend, and I couldn't resist the shoe department in Macy's. What is too much to spend on a pair of boots? Oh how I wish I had that million dollars, or that my Dad (wink) would send me money for a new pair of awesome boots (perhaps as a daylight savings time gift.. I think we should all start celebrating this forgotten holiday).

Do you remember that episode of Sex and the City : a woman's right to shoes. You know, the one where Carrie goes to a baby shower and is asked to remove her shoes as to not track any germs and dirt all over her friends house. Then when Carrie goes to leave she finds her shoes have mysteriously disappeared. When Carrie asks for compensation for her shoes the host of the party says that $485 dollars is too much to spend on shoes and only offers her $200. I'm appalled just thinking about it. After watching that episode I now feel like I should spend whatever it takes to make me feel good.

Now lets get shopping!

post signature

2 comments:

SHANNA said...

we wear the same size shoe!!! we should swap shoes sometime! ha.... i am in total agreement- if i had a million dollars, i would buy shoes too.

Unknown said...

Amen!