Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Vivre le France!!!! Vivre Top Chef!

TGIW! Happy Hump Day People! Are you ready for some Top Chef! Oui! Oui!

Oh I'm so happy... tonight the chef-testants will pair up to create the perfect French dish for acclaimed chefs Joël Robuchon, Daniel Boulud, Hubert Keller ( a personal favorite of mine), Laurent Tourondel and Jean Joho.

Escargot! For the quickfire challenge today each chef must make a dish using this delicate protein. In a special twist.. one contestant will be eliminated after this quickfire. OHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Some amazing dishes were produced.. but taking the win was Kevin. I can't say I'm surprised, His fricassee of snails with bacon jam made me hungry. His prize- to sit at judges table. Awesomeness ensues!

So now battling it out for the bottom three, Ashley, Jesse and Robin. I thought Robin should go home just for being such a spaz in the kitchen. She makes me nervous just watching her cut celery. So Jesse ends up going home .. ahh no big loss there. I think its pretty evident who the front runners in this competition are.

Now we are on to the elimination challenge. The chefs pull knifes, on each knife a protein and a sauce. Classic french dishes..and it was evident that once teams we set who the top 4 would be. With Jen and Michael V. on a team and Bryan and Mike "Sexy" Isabella on a team I think we know how this will turn out.

The food looked amazing and I would have given my pinky finger to sit at this table with this caliber of chefs. Seriously amazing. A deconstructed Bernaise with trout. YUM!!!! I guess thats why my Brother Volt Bryan got the win, and a prize of working with Joel himself. Kudos Bryan.. well done. Although I think the prize should have went to both on the team. Sexy Mike Isabella looked pretty pissed not to get to partake in his win.

Mattin sucked it up. He is french, therefore a Veloute should have been an easy win for him. He really should have shined in this challenge. I'm sorry to say but he should have been the one going home.

In the Bottom, Ashley and Mattin (team rainbow), and Hector and Ash. Hector butchered some meat very badly, Ash's sauce disappeared on the un-rested meat, and team rainbow just made a piss poor dish. Who is going home.. Well apparently bad cutting techniques are enough to send you home.

Hasta la vista Hector! I must say in my opinion you shouldn't be packing your knives..yet!

Après observation de cette exposition j'ai très faim! Bon Appetite!

post signature

No comments: