Monday, September 21, 2009

Rainy Monday

"its raining cats and dogs outside...oops I stepped in a poodle" - Uncle Bob

Today was a great day..it was in a word... LOVELY!! I woke up this morning to the soothing sound of a thunderstorm. It was one of those rainy days where its dark, and the rain is pounding down really heavily. Apparently a lot of Georgians weren't enjoying it as much as I was. Schools were canceled, mudslides, flooding and horrible traffic. Luckily I missed it. I worked a half of a day. I went in at 7am, left at noon and went to Kroger. I was actually going to drive out to Snellville for dinner but since the roads were so bad my Dad told me to stay home. So I did, but first I was craving my Dad's Jambalaya and since I wasn't going home I was going to have to make it myself. I bought all the ingredients, came home and did my prep and soon the aroma of my delicious meal filled the condo. I was so nervous that it would turn out horrible but it was delicious (and I don't have to worry about Sean picking all the smoked sausage out), now I have plenty for my dinner tomorrow too.




The rest of my day was spent lounging around, catching up on soap operas and sleep. The perfect do-nothing day.

post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks great! I only wish that I could have spent the day off work as well...wishful thinking on my part :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks good - how did that knife work for you? maja

cheery disposition said...

that knife is awesome! i love it! xoxo