Monday, May 4, 2009

Lost Fortune?

Right now $87.2 million dollars sits unclaimed. What happened to this winning lottery ticket?

On more occasions than I'd like to admit I purchase lottery tickets. Some would say I have a bit of a gambling problem, I'm not one to argue so we will just say that I do. Every time the lottery gets over 30 million I start buying tickets. Convincing myself that I am going to win the lottery. Going over how I'll call out sick for work the next day, plan on what I'll do with my winnings. Give some to the family, charities, and buy a house with an in-ground swimming pool. I would travel to all the places I've dreamed of going; Monaco, Ireland, New Zealand, Canada, Italy, New York and London. Dine at all the most exclusive restaurants, sit at all the Penguins and Steelers games, and dress in the most fabulous outfits.

So how is it possible that this person has not claimed their fortune? And how is it possible that I haven't won yet? Perhaps playing the lottery is a waste of money, a sense of false hope for an "easy way out", a tease. But I guess I haven't learned my lesson because I will still keep playing.




post signature

No comments: