Thursday, November 27, 2008

We didn't land on Plymouth Rock! Plymouth Rock landed on us!"

"May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!"
-Anonymous

Happy Thanksgiving friends! Well it's that time...Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving has never been my favorite holiday..in my opinion its right up there with Flag Day. If you ever watched FRIENDS think of the Thanksgiving episode where Chandler hates Thanksgiving ... I share Chandler Bings opinion on this beloved holiday. I don't like Turkey, Yams, Pumpkin or any other Thanksgiving foods. I would like to start my own holiday on November 27th .. called "amandagetting".. a holiday where the menu is Italian subs, Pizza and hot wings, and the day is celebrated by getting Amanda presents.
So heres how Thanksgiving goes for me. I start out with the usual tradition of working. Unfortunately I have to work on most holidays but I am thankful that I have a job so I tried not to be too bitter. I went to work at 6 am and made tons of cakes, petit fours and lots of bread pudding and now I am home. I did get to break a wishbone that I dug out of one of the nearby turkeys and I won so hopefully my wish will come true. In my opinion the only good thing about Thanksgiving is that it means Christmas is looming. While I am anti-Thanksgiving I am absolutely in love with Christmas...It is the "most wonderful time of the year". So I made my annual Christmas C.D. which I tried to play and work (it was quickly vetoed) and as you can see from my previous blog I already put up my Christmas tree so I am ready for this holiday season. I love Christmas!!! Tomorrow I'm off to Snellville to partake in Black Friday, wishing that I had finished my shopping last month when the stores weren't crowded with people. Wish me luck!

In other news did anyone catch Top Chef last night with the Foo Fighters. It was GREAT! I must say after watching the Foo Fighters on Top Chef I love them a little more. The challenge was to cook a Thanksgiving meal for the band. The contestants were divided into two teams. The girl who one the "Quickfire Challenge" got to pick her team..which was painful to watch as she clearly selected all the strong chefs to be on her team, leaving behind the runts to be on a team together. How awful would it be to be on that team? I truly felt bad for them. So two teams, Team Sexy Pants (the apparent winner) and Team Cougar (the losers), I would like to say that all three of my picks for "the finale" were on Team Sexy Pants = I am awesome! So my Italian Stallion Fabio and the rest of his team won the challenge which allowed him and his teammates to see the Foo Fighters concert as their prize leaving the losing team to clean up. The gay guy with the crush on Tom got booted off...which in my opinion was a mistake...I think that the blond good looking guy should have gone home for serving "Barf -fait" , seriously what was this guy thinking, Pumpkin mousse with Fresh Fruit? That doesn't even go together, and I can say that because I am a freaking Pastry Chef! Well I'm sure he knows that it is inevitable that he will be returning home shortly.

So I will leave you with my favorite Christmas tune, Josh Groban singing O Holy Night.



-wishing everyone a happy and safe thanksgiving! xoxo

1 comment:

THE PARKER FAMILY said...

I love you and how true you are to yourself! I can't wait to get my decor up next week. And as far as top chef goes, I concur with everything you said!!
-Mis