Sunday, April 17, 2011

One Memorable Day

I just started reading this book.. One day by David Nicholls. It's the story of a couples relationship over the course of twenty years. On the first page of this novel is one of my favorite quotes from Great Expectations.

"That was a memorable day to me, for it made great changes in me. But, it is the same with any life. Imagine one selected day struck out of it, and think how different its course would have been. Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day."


It's such a nice idea. That one moment, one memorable day, could change the course of your life forever.

I have had a few memorable days.
  • The day I decided to go to culinary school.
  • The day I accepted a job at Villa Christina.
  • The day I bought my Condo.
Its nice to think what my next memorable day will be. It could be today, or tomorrow, any day could be that memorable day. Its nice to have a day that surprises you.

post signature

1 comment:

allankieffer said...

ummm...the day you met Allan. gotta be top 5.