Friday, January 8, 2010

Leap Year

"May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand."
Tonight Lauren and I saw Leap Year. Ireland is a place I have always wanted to go, and this movie delivered plenty of scenic shots to make me want to be there even more. Amy Adams was absolutely delightful, and Matthew Goode was as cute as can be (although I am partial to an Irish accent).
Amy Adams plays a young, successful girl whose life seems to be going according to plan. Great job, great guy, great home. But when she is presented with earrings instead of an engagement ring by her beau, she decides to fly to Dublin to propose to him instead... on leap day. While en route to Ireland she meets the cute Matthew Goode who is arrogant, funny and in my opinion lovable. He shows her tough love and eventually she see's that ever aspect of her life doesn't need to be scheduled.

The movie is quite predictable, but nonetheless enjoyable. I'm sure most people who see it will think it's silly. But for me, Queen of the RomCom, it was charmingly delightful. I love that upon seeing the movie I left speaking in my best Irish accent and frantically looking for my calladagh ring to wear.

post signature

1 comment:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

It had me at Matthew Goode! I can't wait to see it!