Monday, March 8, 2010

American Idol = not doing it for me this time

Dear American Idol,

This year you basically just aren't doing it for me. In the past there has always been a reason to be excited. Now I just find you dull and mundane. In the past I was a member of the Soul Patrol as I rooted for Taylor Hicks. When Ace Young sang 'Father Figure", I'm pretty sure I may have screamed with excitement. Chris Daughtry singing "The Letter" made me a fan from the get-go. Constantine was my ABSOLUTE favorite, his rendition of 'Cryin' by Aerosmith made me smile from ear to ear. I'm pretty sure the season Constantine and Carrie Underwood was on was the BEST! And even last year, I had picked Adam Lambert from the very beginning. I would stand on my couch in anticipation as he would sing. Do you remember when David Cook sang 'Hello', by Lionel Richie, man I love that song.

This year, nothing, nobody. And although I love the Ellen Show, I don't like her ON American Idol. Everyone is picking the wrong songs. Anyway, with that said I hope this week gets better. Thank You.

post signature

2 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

This is the first year I've totally abandoned it. Too much else filling up my DVR. Ah ha ha

JMay said...

omg, I couldn't agree more!!!

I feel like Ellen is just awkward on the show & I absolutely love her!

You're right...they are allll picking the wrong songs. BOO!