Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Flip and Eclipse

I have finally seen Eclipse and let me tell you it was awesome! I wish I had a better word to use than awesome, but at the moment I can't find one.

The night started off with dinner at FLIP, it's a burger joint in town owned by Top Chef's Richard Blaze. I was really excited about trying their food, but was unfortunately quite disappointed. Perhaps I had too great of expectations. The restaurant was really cute and trendy, although being super loud. Thank goodness we didn't sit inside because I think I literally would have had to yell across the table to talk to my friends. That being said.. I ordered the shrimp po'boyger with a side Caesar salad and to drink a Nutella and Marshmallow shake. Lets start with the good. The salad was very good, although I'm still not quite sure why they had a 1/4 oz of saffron piled on top. I like saffron as much as the next person, but it just seemed expensive (on there end) and unnecessary. The shrimp burger was a little too bland and the roll had so much of the ailoi on it my bun was very soggy, making it very difficult to eat. I tried one of my friends French Fries, they fry everything in duck fat so I thought they would be really good and crispy. They were not bad, but not was I was expecting, again soggy. But the shake was sooo disappointing. It was not really thick or cool, the flavor was nice and rich, but I want a shake that is to thick its hard to suck through a straw. I will say that the toasted marshmallows on top were a nice touch. I think I would have been happier with a burger from 5 guys and a milkshake from Steak and Shake.





But after that bummer of a meal..we went to Atlantic station for ECLIPSE. It was so good. It really puts the two previous movies to shame. Based on the trailer I thought it would be all action and no romance, and I couldn't have been more mistaken. It was Edward and Jacob at their best, and most of all Hilarious. I was enthralled the whole time, especially when Jacob was on screen. (TEAM JACOB)! If you haven't seen it yet, its a must see movie this summer. Go for it!

post signature

No comments: