Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Parker Sandwich!

So I had to work today, which is good and bad. Bad because I have to work on the weekend, good .. because I get to make "family meal". Every day in the kitchen someone is assigned to make a meal for the staff to eat and when its my turn we eat what I want (not to say that I don't let my opinion be known on days when I don't make family meal). Lately I have been obsessed with sandwiches. Everyone knows that if I was on a deserted island and could only have one food it would be a sandwich. So today for the good people of Villa Christina I made "a parker sandwish". Two pieces of fresh baked, butter toasted bread, filled generously with sauteed corn beef, melted swiss cheese, and thousand island dressing. Now I know many of you are thinking.."Amanda this sounds a lot like a Reuben Sandwich"...well your wrong!. Its a Parker Sandwich, no sauerkraut here folks. So that was my dinner tonight and it was DELIGHTFUL! Who knew a sandwich could bring such joy to so many people. Bon Appetite!

1 comment:

SHANNA said...

mmmmmm..... i may have to try that. yummy!