Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

"In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

This 4th of July I did something I have never done. Me and my friend Chris jogged, skipped and walked the infamous Peachtree Road Race... and believe me I am feeling it today. It was so much more fun that I thought it was going to be. People where there in costumes, lots of people were holding signs on the sidewalks, and Michael Jackson songs were being blasted for the first two miles of the race. As we walked by the Churches they were out there spraying all the runners with "Holy Water" which I thought was hysterical. Eric and Lauren sat on the sidewalk at 11th street and cheered for us, and then we ended the race at Piedmont Park. It was a lot of fun. After the race we all went to J. Christoper's for a lovely brunch. Then we all went home to shower and rest before the nights Festivities.





That night we all congregated at Lauren's condo and then walked down to the Vortex. After a delicious meal we took Marta to Lenox for the fireworks and they were beautiful. There is something about Lee Greenwood and fireworks that just goes so well together.





So that was my Independence day. Hope you all had a lovely and safe day too.

post signature

1 comment:

THE PARKER FAMILY said...

How cool that you ran the Peachtree. I've always wanted to do that!